April 11, 2023

2023 A to Z Blog Challenge: I-J-K - It's Just the Fairfield Dollhouse Kitchen


  It's time for the annual A to Z Blog Challenge!  

The concept is simple - blogging for 26 days (except Sunday) from A to Z.

* See A to Z Instagram - Facebook - A to Z Blog Master List of Participants


 Today for the Letters I-J-K: It's Just the Fairfield Kitchen

I recently finished working on my half-scale (1/24, 1/2" to 1 foot) Fairfield dollhouse. My latest house is always my favorite, but I really did enjoy doing this house. (Click photos for full size; other posts in archives in left column or dollhouse tab under top banner. See video of exterior under letter F.)

Since I haven't shown the finished kitchen yet, that's the focus of today's post.

I loved these scrapbook papers and knew I had to use them for the floor and walls. Funny as I'm not a fan of green but I do like the sage/wedgewood shade of green I used for the furniture. 

The orange and green colors give the house a kind of retro,  maybe a '60s-'70s look, so I also decided to use even older style vintage furnishings like the stove and old "metal" sink (I had one like this where I grew up but it had a cabinet built on the bottom), and a Tootsietoy 1930s monitor top icebox. I put a small "soup can" with a pansy in it on top the fridge. Thought I took a pic, but I can't get to it now so I'll try to get another photo at some point. (Stove, bake table and sink kits from TMC Miniatures. The  small shelf on the edge of the kitchen is from MiniEtchers.)

For fun, I had to put in a vintage metal wall phone painted in olive green. I added the curly phone "cord" by painting a thin coated wire from a lamp plug. I was so disappointed that I'd thought I'd lost this and would have to get another, but luckily I found it and glued it in right away! There's another vintage phone, this time in my favorite yellow, on the bookcase in the attic sitting room.

I lso made a small shelf/stand for the corner next to the stove and stairs, not shown here. This is funny. I had a hard time reaching in to hang some of the items. And well, didn't notice my BIG mistake until I looked at the photo! haaa! I'll have to fix it, but see if you spot my goof. The teensy teapots are made by my friend, Kitty. 

 

The purse on the chair is actually a button. The "metal" glass and spoon are from the recent half-scale Kitschy swap. The plate rack on the sink is from Ron Chase, D'Tales Miniatures. I also got a nice clock and shelf from him at the shows last year, which I'll likely use in the Park Ave. Mansion once I start on that.

Well, found this photo: not great but you can see the flower and the shelf better.



* Next: A to Z  - Letter L for my Fairfield Living Room, which I haven't shown yet, either. The post will be up on Friday 4/14  .

* Thanks for visiting. Come back for more posts!