April 15, 2023

2023 A to Z Blog Challenge, Miniature Kits

 A new kit!

 It's time for the annual A to Z Blog Challenge!  

The concept is simple - blogging for 26 days (except Sunday) from A to Z.

* See A to Z Instagram - Facebook - A to Z Blog Master List of Participants


 Today for the Letter M: Miniature Kits

I love putting kits together. While some can be difficult and time consuming, like houses, the kits for furnishings - furniture and accessories - are fun. Smaller, take less time - sometimes, and can be customized. Plus, they're often a fraction of the price of a finished product. (I won't even show you the stash of other kits waiting to be made. ha!)

So, here's a couple kits I just got: Top photo and below: 1/24th, half-scale Victorian bedroom pieces


A few of the pieces: Nice details. Oh so dainty! I'm afraid to touch the legs! ha!


These will go in the half-scale Park Ave. Mansion kit which I got in January and will be starting at some point. I'll probably start it sometime after the shows at the end of the month, though it's starting to get nice out now and we'll be working on outside painting and getting the gardens ready. So looking forward to watching the sunflowers and Mexican sunflowers growing! But doing that house will require a lot of painting, so I can do that sitting on the deck once it's nice out, too. 

I just came across the furniture kits from Hart's Desire Miniatures via miniatures.com. Nice collection as there are several pieces in both kits, which is unusual to find the whole room together. I usually end up getting several separate pieces. I liked the detail in these. Have to decide yet whether to paint or stain.... still figuring ideas on how I want the mansion to look, which decides the furnishings, colors, layout, decor, fabrics, etc. There is a lot of planning when you do a house. I am getting some ideas and hope to use some plans from the Brooke Tucker Golden Christmas book. I'd wanted to get this book for years and was thrilled to find it super cheap!

In the meantime, I pulled out an old-old project I've had for some time and has been sitting for quite a while; one of the few 1-inch-scale projects I still plan to do. Can't do many for lack of space. I had made some small decorative accessory kits for it, but I decided to work on the interior of this room before I start a house, which is a long, long-term project. It  won't take a lot to finish this room so I should have most of it or the majority of it done soon. I'll show it under R for Miniature Roomboxes so stay tuned! 

Curious? Here's a portion of the project for a weird hint: Can you figure out what it is? What in the world does all that mean??? Oh, so mean! haa!

* Next: AtoZ: 4/17 - Letters N-O-P: Other New Project

* Thanks for visiting. Come back for more reveals and photos.