April 22, 2023

2023 A to Z Blog Challenge: S-T Some Miniature Toys

 


It's time for the annual A to Z Blog Challenge!  

The concept is simple - blogging for 26 days (except Sunday) from A to Z.

* See A to Z Instagram - Facebook - A to Z Blog Master List of Participants

Photo: Mini Brands Toys and  a Muppet figure from the pet store in my Haunted Toy Shop


 Today for the Letters S-T: Some Miniature Toys

* For fun, I showed a Tudor house Half Scale bakery for T in 2016. 


Tudor house bakery

Toys? Isn't that what all of this is, you say? ha! Well, maybe to some, but miniatures can be as simple and plain, or as well thought out and elegant as you want. There are antique collectibles, high-end collectibles, handmade stuff and mass-produced items. It's all in what goes into it.

The fun today is that even the manufacturers are getting into miniatures, with those Mini Brands collections expanding into all kinds of areas -  Toys, Mini Disney figures, fashion, and now foods. I got some of the Disney figures that I put in my seminally Haunted Toy Store. I admit I'm a doll  person, so any mini dolls are always a temptation, like those Mini Bratz figures which I've only spotted once. I have several of the Polly Pocket dolls and clothes (love the teensy shoes, which I don't come across as much anymore though I recently found some at Goodwill.) One day I'll figure something to use the dolls in; maybe a doll store. Too obvious, right? haa!

There are also the World's Smallest Brands toys which are really cute also. And... who knows what else will come along? I try not to get hooked on all these as it really can add up to a small fortune! Well, all of it is anyway. haa!

Here's some of the Mini Brands toys. I love that little phone! Here's more on the toy shop these are in, plus my Tudor Tea Shoppe.


My favorite, if we get back to dolls, has been Raggedy Ann. I did a couple rooms around that theme and have a half-scale house set aside that will be a Raggedy Ann and Andy house. That'll be fun to figure out a whole house. 


Yes, this is winding down now.... I'll have to start a project as I'll have nothing to blog about. ha! Oh,  just kidding! There's always stuff to show! Wait'll you see the next post!

* Next: 4/25  A to Z Blogging: U-V-W -Love this room! The Fairfield Dining Room