April 17, 2023

A to Z Blog Challenge: Other New Project, cottage

 

Love all the details!

I mixed up the title a bit since this post for the 2023 A to Z Blog Challenge for the Letters N-O-P (which otherwise could say No Other Projects - a huge lie! I do have a few other project ideas stashed away. haaa!)

So I hinted before that I broke down and got another kit after I bought the Park Ave. Mansion (which I've been mentioning a lot though I'm still mulling over ideas for it.) But the more I think on it means I'm getting in the mood to do it. Have to get enough ideas to get inspired, know what I mean? Though I'll probably still wait until after the dollhouse shows at the end of the month to see what I buy and what I get inspired to do.

 

This one was kind of too cute to ignore: the half-scale 1/24 Jasmine Victorian Gothic Cottage from Laser Dollhouse Designs. Smaller, just two floors, but enough. Sometimes it's nice to do a slightly smaller project though you still put as much time, decorations, and accessories into a house or room no matter the size and I like my rooms rather full. (For my reference: PDF instructions; Cottage instructions.)

I am thinking of making it into a small witch's cottage... Not sure what the exterior colors would be??

I don't want to do purple again... Maybe for a change of pace I should use the sage/wedgewood green I like, which is similar to the lighter green on top of this chart.... With? Hmm, the sage, mid-yellow like mustard or more of a yellowish-green like here and orange could be interesting... I kind of like that. I'll have to get my paints out and see how that looks.

I have a cute-ugly little witch in my stash that I got a loooong time ago from Bonnie Glazier who needs some clothes and a home! But I'll have to think how to make it kind of different. 

For fun, she can have a headless visitor.... ha!

So, who is she? Unlike her evil sister the witch in the gingerbread house who lures kids, she can be the witch cat lady with dozens of cats (and dogs) she rescues? That could be fun.... Could be a good place to put all these mini dogs I have, then I'll need to find more cats.  A small Halloween pet shop? 

As I'm thinking of kits I have set aside, the Gothic spice shelves bookcase from SDK Miniatures, filled with potions, books and pet stuff, and the Gothic chair could work here? (And several Gothic living room pieces.) I just love this set!


Looks like the theme is forming.... ha!  (I got these cute witch book printies from WoWbooknook on Etsy, 1/12 and in 1/24 on same sheet! They have nice books (I have the horror set) with good quality images. There's another cat set of book printies, too (but you have to shrink to 1/24. Or print at 75, 60 or 50% depending on the size you prefer.) On sale, cheap as of this writing!


I saved some
vintage 1907 patterns an FB friend shared that has cats on it, which I wanted to shrink down and make into a border pattern for around the walls. Here's the cat section, which I really liked and thought is kind of Halloween-flavored. (Larger images linked here.) 

Another interesting thing I found - this black star flooring from Melvin's Miniatures, which had a $1 sale (9x12 glossy sheet/cardstock), which is rather different. Thought it would be cool for this project. (Got this and several others. Good quality print, but basically just printed on low-gloss light card so I'd have to glue it to a matboard base to make it sturdier, I think. Was hoping for a higher gloss but it worked ok. I like how it looks - and it doesn't smear!)

It'll be a while before I get to this one though if I start the other house first. Unless I switch off on houses. We'll see...

* Next: A to Z Blog 4/20-21: Q-R - Quiet! Another Roombox Idea

*Thanks for visiting again! Come back soon for more posts!