April 25, 2023

2023 A to Z Blog Challenge: U-V-W Your Invitation to Dine: Fairfield Dollhouse Dining Room

 

 Love this view. It would make a cool postcard!

It's time for the annual A to Z Blog Challenge!  

The concept is simple - blogging for 26 days (except Sunday) from A to Z.

* See A to Z Instagram - Facebook - A to Z Blog Master List of Participants


Today is the Letters U-V-W: YoUr  InVitation to the Weekly Dinner

I almost forgot that I had to share the Fairfield Dollhouse's Dining Room so I had to fit it in here somehow, hence the odd title. ha! I have to say that this is probably one of my favorite rooms. Well, several are favorites. (Click photos for full size; see other links in left column archives or My Dollhouses tab under top photo.)

Since it's next to the living room/parlor on the first floor, I emphasized the room connections by using the same striped scrapbook paper I also used in the parlor. Photo below: the two rooms at the beginning.

Then....


And now.....


The full view. The tall clock is from last year's half -scale group swap. The table on the right is a vintage wash stand from SDK Miniatures. If you're wondering about the ceiling, I cut out a portion of a full-size patterned wallpaper (it has large squares and a medallion in the center) for this room and the living room. Somehow I'll have to find more! 

(Oops, I added something since the photo above!) I thought the record player/console  and records fit perfect here. The crates, which are 1/2" square, are from All About Miniatures on Etsy. Just thought they were sooo cute! I made the tiny record albums. 

I got the dining room chandelier in a past swap and knew I had to use it in this room. It's a plastic wheel with handmade candle lights with some wax dripped over them. I painted the wheel black, then glued on the strand of fake leaves. 


Love the fireplace!


I found the art in a Met Museum of Art book (Goodwill find) and thought it had an eerie look to it. To emphasize that, I wanted to make it glow in the dark but despite three kinds of glow paint (two glow paints and one gel), I couldn't get it to work. Is there a secret to this I don't know? Please let me know! The stuff itself really glows but I can't get enough on the painting to stay to get it to work. (** NOTE: I found some aluminate powder on ebay that I'm going to try. It really glows in the package. haa! Will let you know!) The fireplace has some fake ivory pieces on the bottom of the fireplace from All Dolled Up TDS that I found at last year's show.


The double Gothic bookcase, table, and chairs are from SDK Miniatures. My favorite set. I'll have to get another table since I took the spooky tablecloth off this one to decorate it. ha! I can change it to all spooky at Halloween, including the single bookcase with spider webbing. I also have the Gothic chair set aside. (But that single bookcase may just go in the witch's cottage I'll do eventually.)


Books, books, books!

 


I added more gold on the points since this photo. The box on the bottom shelf is a tea box printie from Zena's Miniatures on Etsy.

Separately at some point, I plan on doing a spooky Gothic library with more of these furnishings in a book box. Great space-saver! Of course I'll need lots of books. These are cool vintage and classic covers with nice graphics in several sizes from JupiterMoon3 on Etsy. I've also gotten some fun Halloween book covers from WoWbooknook on Etsy. They have some other great printies and book sets, too.  

I made valances and decided to use a sparkly ribbon for the curtains.

Decided to use this vintage wash stand kit below for a buffet table. (SDK Miniatures)


Hungry? Food on the Gothic dining table. I made all the bread, sandwiches, and pizza from Crayola Magic air dry clay. I coat it with a light coat of matte Mod Podge to seal it.


Believe it or not, that is the last of the Fairfield dollhouse rooms I had to show. 😢 I loved doing this room and once I got past the initial challenges - and all that trimming! - Overall, I loved doing this house! But don't think this is it! Halloween will be coming and I get to show off my fun Halloween stuff and the lit things on the porch!

* I am thinking of checking all my posts and linking them with any tips as quite a few people are building Fairfields now. 
Other links will be on the top My Dollhouses tab under the top photo.

* Next A to Z Blog: 4/28 The End - X-Y-Z : Recap: My Favorite photos & posts

* Thanks for visiting all this month. I really appreciate your interest! 
Stay tuned for more posts, show news, and.... what project will I do next???