April 08, 2024

Fairfield Dollhouse Half-Scale: A-Z Blog Challenge 24

 


The Fairfield dollhouse, exterior porches

What else but my favorite dollhouse for F in the A to Z Blog Challenge: The half-scale Fairfield.* Click photos for full size, best view.

A difficult house to build, but I'd always wanted to do one and I was lucky enough to find a kit at a show for a really, really good price! I love the look of brick so I used a lot of that in and on this house. (Textured brick papers from Starboc2 in Greece on Etsy.)

I did have some problems, that I was able to fix - like taking out what would've been another door in front and adding a wall (next to the chairs on the bottom porch. The kitchen is behind that wall.) It made no sense to have two doorways. I also had to cut a door in the window tower space as I wanted a balcony instead on the second floor instead of a roof. 

I also shared about the Fairfield last year so here's the link with an exterior video. Other pix: Fairfield attic.

 Fairfield kitchen - love the orange paper and the print floor.

I love the slightly macabre circus feel in the girl's bedroom, too. Here's photos of both the girl's and boy's bedrooms.


 Fairfield living room: love the fireplace and the black/white theme. The TV is a Petite Properties kit; the settee is an Eastman kit from MiniEtchers.


  Fairfield dining room - love the look of this room, too. Since it attaches to the other room, I put the striped paper in here that's on the bottom of the living room at left.


Favorite Halloween-flavored main bedroom. I love the fabrics!




Back:  April 1 - Tomorrow:  G  - What I Got at the shows....

* Thanks for visiting. See my show news next. *