April 12, 2024

Just a New Kit: A to Z Blog Challenge 24

 

What's this? Well....

Continuing the annual A to Z Blog Challenge - letters J-K.

I did start a new in-between kit I didn't mention earlier. (*Click photos for full size.) Back to Day 1)

My friend Gigi gave me this little house kit this past Christmas and we started building them together a couple weeks ago. And I do mean little! It is only 5" tall and 3" wide. I have no idea what scale it is, though you'll get a better idea when you see some of the furnishing pieces. The pink piece is the bed headboard. Yikes!


I, of course, couldn't leave it as is. I'm not a big fan of the color blue, but when I saw this I thought it would make a cute project all in yellow with a sunflower theme! A favorite color and flower! Eventually I'd like to do a half-scale room with that (which in comparison to this, seems huge!) I also painted the dark blue roof and doors a sage green. The "shutters" will also be that color. I really like the top sunflower print. I never like the prints that come with these kits, more geometric and generic.

I printed out these papers and shrunk them down. The bottom room walls are scrapbook paper, which I thought fit well. I really like the boldness of the patterns. I like using larger patterns. I glued on wood strips for moldings to give it a "rustic" look. I'll add a wood strip on that black line,  too -  the bathroom section. Yeah that "curtain piece," a piece of lace, is glued on a thin wire poked through two teensy beads on the ends!

The kitchen pieces are super tiny! But so far, so good. I like how they turned out. Painted the blue to yellow. I switched the metal handles, except on the fridge, and used the black wire instead for the other pieces.

The whole house is really small probably the only kit I'll ever do in this size! Well, never say never, right? ha! Not sure what the scale is but... I'll give more progress when I get further. I'm kind of intrigued by it so I'll keep going.

Thanks for visiting! I'll have more posts coming soon about the upcoming annual half-scale swap. Next: 4/15-16 Mon./Tues: L-M: Love my  HS 1/24 Mansion!