April 23, 2024

The Dollhouse Mansion Roof: A-Z Blog Challenge 24

 

Mansion, thrid floor sitting room/bedroom

Continuing the A-Z Blog Challenge. (Back: Day 1; click photos for full size.)

I'm probably behind a letter or two, but I'm just continuing on.

Today's part 2 of showing the finished mansion (so far, there are always things to add!). See yesterday's post of the outside, diner, and floor 2.

I know I showed parts of these rooms, but I've added some pictures and might've moved things around too.

Floor 3: the cook/chef's rooms

I like the old-fashioned feel of the bedroom/sitting room; see other photo at top of post. I used my favorite textured brick paper (from Starboc2 on etsy). I really like this one with the different colors which gives it an aged look. The tile floor sheets are from Melvin's Miniatures. The bed was made from mat board scraps. I realized later the purple tufted chair is signed from Judee Williamson. I changed the Michael's TV (former Christmas scene) to show I Love Lucy.

The table and one chair is part of the kitchen cupboard kit from D. Tales (Ron Chase). The other chair is from All About Miniatures. I still have to add books in that bookcase too! (Bookcase kit, SDK Miniatures.) Yes that's a tiny fishtank under the light, found it in my stash from a past swap.

Right side bedroom/kitchen: 

This house kit was fun as I could adapt it with the idea of separate apartments in mind. So this is the diner chef's room. And since he likes to cook, he doesn't mind sleeping in the same space with a small sink and cooktop so he can try out new recipes. Have to add a small TV in here for him yet. 

The sink counter and small cabinet is from the kitchen cupboard kit from D. Tales. I painted the table from a past half-scale group swap. The bed was made using extra pieces from a punch-out furniture kit. TIP: I glued the top bed cover to a piece of aluminum foil so it looks like an unmade bed. 

The rooftop:


I loved making the rooftop garden, giving me another floor to decorate. I have to find/add a small grill yet. I also put LED lights around the edge of the greenery. And had to have a gargoyle figure on top to guard the house.

The nice thing is this house isn't real big, so it's easy to take off the cover and decorate for the holidays. I look forward to putting Halloween and Christmas items in here. You'll be seeing more of this house later when I add other things and re-decorate.

What's next? Some updates on that "tiny house" kit...

After that? We'll see.... Stay tuned for a few more monthly posts.

Oops! Sorry, about the video front being on the side! The rest is normal! (I can't test these until the post goes live. If they don't work, they're on YouTube - front video.)

Video: back of house -  on YouTube.

Thanks again for visiting! Hope you've enjoyed touring the project. Hard to believe it's about complete now except for a few additions. 

Now what do I do????? haa!