April 28, 2024

Soon Summer sunflowers!

 

One of the tallest sunflowers I had last year!

It is finally nice enough outside and is expected to stay that way now so the real-life planting begins!  (* Click photos for full size.) (* Except....what a storm last night! But the rain will be good for the seeds!)

So, we started planting the rows of sunflowers (about 6 to 8 in each row). First mammoth ones, then a row of what are supposedly giant sunflowers, then a row of lemon sunflowers that are slightly shorter. Then I'll do a row of the bushy sunflowers and if there's room, an extra row of Mexican sunflowers.

Mini-wise, I like making flowers, too, sunflowers being a favorite. Here's some I made for the Witch's Cottage before: I hadn't made these in a while, so they they were fun to make again. Will have to do some more, plus make even tinier ones to go with the Tiny Sunflower House underway. Here's more pretty hollyhocks and yellow daisies I also made for the Witch Cottage.


In real-life I also put in a patch of Mexican sunflowers in an old tire and opposite the large sunflower area. I also have another spot visible from the deck that had only a few come up last year, so I want to add even more this time. I love the different bright orange shades of these flowers. (See Tithonia.)

Also have been soaking the Morning Glory seeds and got one planter done. Have three more to go once the seeds are ready. This was a pretty flower last year. I'll share more photos as things bloom.

The planters go next to some trellises we put up on the side of the house. Hopefully we'll have a bunch bloom this time.

I'd like to try something like these in miniature yet. Will have to look at my punches to see how close I can get.

That's it for now! Will post more as I make progress on some things.

I did start painting that compartmentalized box to make into "holding" rooms. I'll share that, too.

Thanks again for visiting! I appreciate your stopping by! Btw, you can sign up for email headline alerts in the box in the left column that'll let you know when I have a new post!