April 24, 2024

Update on Mini House: A Z Blog Challenge 24

 For U, I decided to add an update on that "tiny house" kit I was working on. It's almost together, but I've been working on getting the inside pieces put together and finishing the outside.  (*Click photos for full size.) Back to Day 1)

Here's the kit as it was: (The house is 5" h, 3" w.)

I decided to add some lace with glitter touches on it in the inside windows. I'll share that later when I show how it's assembled. 

Here's the new outside. I decided to use a bolder, larger brick on the bottom step. I think it adds 'something.' I cut pieces from a chipboard railing I had for the balcony. Easier than using the tiny pieces they wanted you to cut. Of course I've lost pieces so had to improvise. I made a new plain front door from mat board and made a wreath for it. The smallest top shutters were cut from pieces of wood.

I rather like how this is coming out so far!

This is the paper on the inside walls.

The kitchen pieces again: 

Here's the bedroom and living room pieces so far.


I went with yellow and print fabric instead of the gray for the couch and chair. And I painted the formerly pink bed headboards white. The other furnishings were in shades of blue and turquoise. There are more pieces, but they need to be accessorized yet.

I'll show more as I get things done. The biggest part was getting all the exterior done, so, moving on! Next is getting the floors glued, the wires attached, the walls glued, and then putting the hinges on the front wall. The crazy teensy spiral stairs are assembled, though I had to add a few steps since I didn't space them out enough for the height.

Stay tuned for more posts and updates! Thanks for visiting again!