April 05, 2024

Everything at the Dollhouse Shows A to Z Blog Challenge 24

 

(Image: brgfx/Freepik)

Today is the letter E for the annual A to Z Blog Challenge. (* Back to  Day 1)

I'm taking the Easy way out, posting about the annual dollhouse shows, which I'll be attending tomorrow in Chicago.

Do I need anything? No. But... there's always a new project to work on! The Raggedy Ann house is waiting... so is a Gothic library... and a half-scale log cabin, and the Lizzie Borden room... and....whatever else strikes my fancy! I'll be finishing up the last fe!w things on the Half-Scale Mansion, have to get a couple more kits like a bookcase for the widow's apartment and a table/chairs set for the diner, then I'll have to figure what to do next. I'm not sure yet!

So, if you're in the Chicago area, here's where to go:

 


* T&D Miniatures Spring Showcase - Miniatureshows.com

 Thurs-Saturday, April 4-6. 

Wyndham Garden Hotel, 1725 Algonquin Rd., Schaumburg, IL 

* Shuttle bus available between shows. Last bus by 3 p.m.

   Besides a great selection of vendors, my two favorite half-scale dealers will be there:

-- SDK Miniatures - nice plant kits, furniture kits, and love her Gothic furniture kits. I used the Gothic bookcase and some chairs in my Fairfield house. 

- TMC -Theresa's Miniature Creations. Really nice and unique half-scale kits. I used some of her kitchen kits in my Fairfield house. 

And others, of course!

Next, it's off to the big dollhouse show:

* Tom Bishop, Chicago International - Bishopshow.com

Friday-Sat., April 5-6

Marriott Chicago-O'Hare Hotel

8535 W. Higgins Rd.

Chicago, IL 

* So many vendors from all over the world, so a lot to see and too many to list. Check out the dealer list. * Here's the map and vendor placements.

It's fun seeing what's new and different. I wish I could buy from all of them, but I do have a few favorites and this is also a reminder to myself of what to look for: 

US: Dragonfly - fun assortment of kits.

All About Miniatures - nice HS kits, I like their console table that I used in the Fairfield attic.

South Africa: Castlecrafts - A nice lady and she has some great kits in half-scale which is what I mostly look for. They're made of matboard/craft board, but do finish well. But my friend Gigi got a couple real cute kits last time that turn out nice - some crates, tins, and lanterns, so I might look for those as accents and some can fit in HS too. I don't mind mixing scales if it fits.

France: Seaside Miniatures - Have to pre-order since 1/24 takes up too much room in packing. Will still check if she brought anything.

Germany: ArtofMini has a nice kit assortment.

This is just a small selection. Of course you never know what you'll find when you're walking around or what catches your eye, too!

I made my list, so it's funny that most of the vendors I want to see are in the Orange room, but there are others I'll look for, too. But I like to look at as much as I can.

I'm going on Saturday, so be sure to say hello if you'll be there!

Next: F for Fairfield on Monday 4/8.