May 06, 2024

The Tiny Sunflower Dollhouse - Progress!

Ta-dah! The back!
Below: the front (which I showed before, but not attached yet)

 I finally worked some more on that tiny yellow sunflower house. (See previous post.) * See the 50% off sale link at end below!

That piece of chipboard fence I used above on the balcony sure came in handy. I also cut teensy pieces to use for chair "legs" instead of cutting and gluing pieces of wire that they always want you to do in these kits. (It was a leftover fence piece from Alpha Stamps.)

So far what's done:

I did get the side walls and floor glued in, and some furniture placed. There are some goofs, but hopefully, they're not too noticeable. 

The living room/kitchen:

I decided not to use the center counter. I made a table with a bead base and used wood pieces to make a chair (using those horrible wires, but this time they stuck on!) That bead table looks a little hokey but actually looks better from the top angle. Maybe... I may change that top yet to a small painted square. What do you think?

That small white table with the "greenery" plant by the window was cut off another piece and sanded down. I thought it fit there well. I hate that I see every little flaw I have to touch up. haa! Oh, well! 👀😇

I ignored all those fiddly lights and decided to cut the plastic piece they gave for a standing lamp and glued it to the ceiling. I used a clear pony bead on the second floor ceiling and painted inside as a side table by the bed.

Odd that the bathroom didn't have a toilet so I adapted one using a bead base, cut an oval seat from mat board, then trimmed part of a wood cabinet piece for the back tank. I used the kitchen counter in the bathroom instead.

 I have to make some sunflowers yet, too, which I may put in "pots" (beads) on that front walk. I'll probably put this in a small dome or case, so I may have room for a little grass  and some other flowers or "foam" flowers. We'll see how it goes.

Here's the top floor:


There is a spiral staircase for the right side to the third floor and a ladder that goes in that notch on the second floor, but I honestly don't like either one. I may just leave it as is or think of something clear I can add instead. Then have to connect the LED lights and hinge the front on yet. So far, so good.

Overall, it's not too bad. This stuff is so small that I think it works best to view it overall and not up too close. ha! It's busy, but if you've followed any of my stuff, you know I like busy. 😁

What's interesting is the wallpaper doesn't look that oversized once everything is inside. I still like that top sunflower paper a lot and will use it in another project.

The kitchen pieces again: 

I decided not to use the counter on the right here and painted it lighter for the bathroom.

Here's the bedroom and living room pieces to show the size.

I'll post again once I get more done.

Stay tuned for more posts and updates! Thanks for visiting again!

* FYI: If you didn't know - SALE! 50% off highest item at Miniatures.com with code FiveFive50 - to May 9. * Excludes RGT dollhouses, previous orders, landscape kit, no other coupons or discounts. But there is free shipping over $35 (and it counts before the % off.)