March 12, 2023

Fairfield Dollhouse: ZZZZZ... The Bedrooms

 Sweet Dreams!  Got the art hung, so it's time to share the two kids' bedrooms - the boy's room on the third floor next to the attic sitting room, and the girl's bedroom on the second floor, next to the main bedroom. (Here's the last post: the exterior. See other post links in left column archives. Click photos for full size.)

Boy's Room: 


Like most parts of this house, the room had some small changes. I had this Cassidy Creations Campaign Bedroom Set stashed away for a looong time (and was lucky I found it!) I knew I wanted to use the set and that I wanted the bedroom to be based on this blue stars scrapbook paper. As luck had it, I also had this starry print fabric for the bed. It's hard to see here, but those are tiny Polly Pocket sneakers by the bed. (Still trying to get better photos, but the flash and angles won't cooperate.)

 I also decided that the little chair I was going to use in the attic room worked better here. Perfect place for the boy to sit and read his comics.  It's actually an older Michael's eraser I covered with fabric. Works with the lamp which I set on a small hatbox instead. Yes, that's a real moon stamp on the wall. Knew I had to save one for this.

Here's the desk with his stash of comics and a bookshelf with other stuff. Shh! Don't tell mom he took the box of graham crackers to his room!



Girls' Room:


I love this room. It's far from the typical girl's room, but I knew I wanted use that scrapbook paper and have a little bit of a circus sideshow vibe. So the art fit the wall perfect! I also used that large black frame below with Godzilla over the fireplace. The sneakers are another old Polly Pocket pair. 



The red chair is the resin one I covered with fabric from a tie. (The couch from the set is in the attic sitting room.) The  desk slipper chair is from last year's Half Scale group swap. The "rug" and carnival art on the left wall are actually cardstock art from a scrapbook kit. Thought the colors matched well. 

 The Egyptian figure in the corner I think is from those Toobs at Michael's. I only had a few of the pieces I picked up somewhere. I like how the wallpaper colors go with the brick. This really was a fun room to figure out how to do different than the usual "girly" room. The furnishings are painted vintage Tootsietoy pieces.


So, that's it for the moment. Finishing up the decorations on more rooms and added some other plants outside, so I'll show those soon. Thanks for stopping by again!