October 27, 2023

Halloween in Miniature 23-12 Eye C U!

 

Here's looking at you. The giant eye on the Fairfield Dollhouse porch.

Welcome to more Halloween in Miniature!

(Start/see schedule at Day 1; Next - Day 13. Click photos for full size; see other posts in left column archives.)

Yeah, I admit it. I like weird stuff. When I found that giant rubber eye, well it had to go on the porch. It's lit, too. haa!

A past Halloween display: What would you do if you saw this guy watching you? (Or that tree with the giant eyes? haa!)


How about an eyeball cake? (Made by my friend Kitty. For my someday witch's bakery. I still have the corner shop in the Houseworks Street of Shops left to do. I've already made a Witchy Greenhouse, the Halloween store and a Teapot Shop with those buildings.)


Other Halloween cakes, also by Kitty.


Speaking of eyes... 

Image: Watercolor on Ivory, 1840, Met Museum (OA collection)

 Ever hear of Lover's Eyes? They're small Victorian-era portraits of someone's eye or eyes, namely the eye of the person admired. I always thought a wall of them would look cool. I'd like to do that in some project... maybe the half-scale gothic Victorian library I want to do in a book box. Yeah another project that's been on the list... I might work on that between the mansion project.

Here are some photos and history. Pretty fascinating.

Some cool fabric on Spoonflower, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------

REMINDER: Don't forget to VOTE for The Witch Cottage at the Halloween Challenge. **** VOTE at link here - scroll down - Row 6**** 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year, I'm doing something different by posting on Instagram and here, according to the day's themes. The difference is there'll be at least a couple more photos included on this blog. Be sure to friend me there (cwrite12), play along and share the list!!