October 19, 2023

#Halloween in Miniature 23-5: The Great Pumpkin!


 Welcome back to Halloween in Miniature! (Start: Day 1 with schedule; click photos for full size or see left column archives. Next: Day 6) 

Halloween wouldn't be complete without pumpkins! Love all those freaky, weird, smiling faces and orange everywhere! Above: Here's a favorite room with lots of orange - the main bedroom in my half-scale Fairfield. The trim's done since this pic, but it gives the best view. 

 ** (Don't forget to play along on Instagram (see info/link below.) **

I  love the way orange brightens up a house at Halloween. And who can resist pumpkins and Jack 'O Lanterns?


Here's some Poppy-like flowers I made in a pumpkin planter. The foam "planter" was on a flower pick I found at Target. Table used in the corner of the Witch Cottage porch.


I didn't want to lighten this photo to show the pumpkin lit up on the porch! Mr. Skellie loves sitting out there at night. 


A wagon-load of pumpkins. Half-scale wagon kit from SDK Miniatures.


I also put lots of pumpkins around the porch of this year's Halloween project, the half-scale Witch's Cottage, made from Laser Dollhouse Design's Jasmine Gothic Cottage. I'll be showing more of the Witch Cottage shortly. Stay tuned!

** For fun: Download a free Monster Mashup Crossword PDF at Atlas Obscura.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year, I'm doing something different by posting on Instagram and here, according to the day's themes. Be sure to friend me there (cwrite12), play along and share the list!!

Here's the theme schedule: Post your minis based on the day's themes and tag me and the post theme - @halloweenmini23