October 26, 2023

Halloween in Miniature 23-11: Seeing Red


Welcome back to more  Halloween in Miniature! 
You can see past years' posts on the top tab. (Click photos for full size; see other posts in left column archives.) Start/see schedule Day 1 - Next: Day 12

Today's theme: Seeing Red, which can have several meanings. Funny, as there isn't much red in my Halloween houses... I didn't make my latest, The Witch's Cottage, bloody/gory at all! ha! That house is mostly greens, yellow, and orange.
But don't lose your head about it... ha! 


The Headless Horseman by Lisa Tabbanor fits right in with today's red theme! (See her hand-sculpted, half-scale figures in her Etsy shop.)

While my half-scale Fairfield house isn't exactly a Halloween house, I did add some spooky elements and a lot of red. The outside, for one, is brick and a reddish-brown.(See other photos and links on top tab.)


Here's the chaise lounge and pillows in the parlor. The Eastman-style settee is a kit from MiniEtchers. I made the chaise from the d. Anne Ruff half-scale furniture kit.


I added a Wednesday-type portrait on the wall by the desk in the girl's circus-themed bedroom.


Or there's some other unusual Vampirish portraits in the main bedroom.


Here's a video of the bedroom:


The saying, Seeing Red, can also mean --  what makes you mad?
* I hate when I take a photo - and then I see something I missed. Or a flaw. Or a mistake. Then have to fix that and take the photo over and over. ha! I have to fix it otherwise it will bug me. No one else may see it, but I know it's there. ha! Know what I mean??

---------------------------------------------------------------

REMINDER: Don't forget to VOTE for The Witch Cottage at the Halloween Challenge. **** VOTE at link here Row 6**** 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year, I'm doing something different by posting on Instagram and here, according to the day's themes. The difference is there'll be at least a couple more photos included on this blog. Be sure to friend me there and tag me, (cwrite12), play along and share the list!!