April 27, 2020

#A to Z Blogging: What an EXciting Hobby!

* Go to Day 1 

* Today is W and X for... xylophone




Hey, I don't have anything.... oh wait, I do have something for X., haa! Mini - half -scale xylophone toys I got in one of the previous annual swaps! This was in the half scale group's toys theme swap last year.



W? Well....

I have to say -- What an exciting hobby this is! Wonderful! Wild! I've been making dollhouses for mumble-mumble - let's say many years!

To the hubby's regret, I still haven't tired of it, meaning I have lots of stuff on hand and saved for that next special project. 

I still enjoy the challenge of making something, figuring out a setting, what to put in it, choosing the colors, what wallpapers to use, etc. 

If you're new to the hobby, that's the key to enjoying something for a long time. Do what you like. Decorate a house or room as you want. Think outside the box. As you mature in the hobby, your skills improve and you start thinking of different ways to do things and different things to use in your scenes. 

You always start looking at everything different, like how to use that box or container for a scene.  I've used those table-size wood gardening containers. I have a couple wood photo containers set aside for half scale as they have glass windows. I used an antique medicine cabinet for a different small holiday scene on the three shelves. 

Beware! It's a packrat hobby. haa!