December 02, 2021

Where'd the year go?#Dollhouse #Miniatures of 2020


 Wow. December already? Where'd the year go? Where does time go?

A good time, I guess, to do a looking back post on what I got accomplished in minis this year. When you feel like what have I done?, it's always nice  to see a full list of things completed.

(I try to connect posts but you can also search Half Scale Victorian or look in the archives list in left column for previous posts. NOTE: I'm being lazy and just copying/pasting photos so I hope they show right.) 

There is much more I got done. Scroll through the posts in archive to see lots of other photos.

January: The Half Scale Victorian House got started, or rather restarted since it had sat for some 10-15 years at least. 

March: By this month, construction made good progress and I decided to try something new with those wooden fans. 

April: I was working on windowbox plants and got the dreaded (dollhouse) shingles. But I also got the travel den bookcase done and the outside window and tower decorations done.


May: Big accomplishment! The roof was finished; den bookcase underway; kitchen pieces started; and love that swap mailbox as a neat addition!

June: Moving in! Also some views of the deck, attic and kitchen. A neat idea for the deck table umbrella. I love this fuchsia plant!

Summer means there's lots to do outside, but I still like to do a few mini things here and there. This was a long project getting everything done and put inside. My favorites were filling the double dressers and decorating this beautiful bed. 


July: Besides finally getting to go to a dollhouse show, here's a view of the kitchen, dining room, and a few other rooms, and my front flowers, all before the final touches. (I mentioned in a previous post about my show finds and mentioned the filligree carved shelves made by Ron Chase/D-Tales from last year's HS swap, which I put outside the bedroom. I love that wall decoration, too.)

August: I started the new Halloween dollhouse, the HS Greenleaf Van Buren, (still underway). Plus some of my great dollhouse finds at Goodwill and some of the updated rooms (parlor, craft room table, dining room, Monticello house items. That swivel chair fits perfectly in the den.) I love how the parlor came out, too.

September: I finished a video of the Victorian dollhouse. It's posted at my website miniatures page. 


October: A favorite time of year! I posted five days of Halloween in Miniature. See day one here. Besides some fabulously spooky guests, I also shared my Halloween shop on day 3. (Photo: hats by Kat Hazelton, Kitty and me.)

 
 

 I also finished a new Halloween version of my dollhouse book, In Miniature Style: Halloween, with projects you can adapt for any season! It's available on Kindle and will be in print soon. Some unique things to make here. See photos and details
at website.

November: Went to the second dollhouse show of the year. One of my finds there: got a HS Fairfield dollhouse kit. I've always admired the style of this kit. And the building has begun; also some progress on the Van Buren Halloween house. (The FF fireplace is built and I'm starting the stairs now. Have to fit some walls to see what goes where and what to paper first.)

So, that's it for now. I'll be posting some more house updates and Fairfield construction updates soon. Thanks for visiting again. 
Keep checking back for further progress this month (I hope.)