August 20, 2021

#Halloween is Coming! New #Dollhouse Build!

 

What is this???

Well.... I couldn't resist. haa! Wondered what to do next and I'm in a HALLOWEEN mood!! So.... out came a kit I bought a while ago for this purpose! (And yes, the photo box room is still ongoing!) 

I'm building the Greenleaf Half Scale Van Buren dollhouse, which I'd bought some time back (for much cheaper than that price!) with a Haunted House in mind... or a Haunted Mansion.... So this is the start...

So far.... the middle and top roof parts aren't glued in yet, nor is the second floor. I lost the pattern instructions somehow, so muddling along, but it's going okay. Have to figure how to run electric tape first as I do want some lights in it. Will use scrapbook paper on the walls as I usually do.


Here's the full house front and back from the Greenleaf site. I may keep out some inner walls, still deciding....  I like the design so probably won't change much on the outside. 


I just liked the style of this and it's got some nice rooms without being a huge house as my Victorian House is... It's light, too. 

I'm thinking of doing brick on the outside. I just ordered more textured brick papers from  seller starboc1 from Greece on eBay. Her papers are great and reasonable ($25) for 16 sheets. I had used her other brick on the foundation, the chimney and in the attic of the Victorian house. I'm trying a different style brick this time (below)  for an older look. I'm thinking lots of soot, moss, vines and black window frames and trim. Plus, lots of gargoyles of course! We'll see what I decide. 

This will be fun! I'll start sharing some of the furnishings I made before and I also am getting some ideas for this year's Halloween in Miniature blogs. Stay tuned!