December 30, 2023

2023 Miniature Dollhouses Wrap-Up

 

Wow another year here and gone! Where oh where does time go? (Click photos for full size.)

Actually, it's been a pretty productive year mini-wise. I got quite a few projects done, one after another becoming a favorite. Sure, it's only 5 houses and roomboxes, but there's all the decorating, furniture building, and exterior that's done, too. A lot goes into a project.

It was good to finish up a few things that had been sitting a long time, too, as well as start some new things.

March:


 I finished the exterior of my half-scale Fairfield. Click name for photos and a video of house.

I also shared what I made and got in the annual half-scale group swap. The 2023 theme was Kitschy, which produced some fun, different items. Working on next year's item/s now, with a "Pot Luck" theme, meaning anything goes.

April:

Between working on the Fairfield, I pulled out another longtime unfinished project I'd had in mind. I finished turning this vintage cigar box humidor into a 1-inch scale Men's shop. This was one of my favorite projects and it didn't take long to finish. I'd been holding onto things for a while and only had to wallpaper and finish up the decor and a few accessories. Just love this project!

May:

I started half-scale house 2: the Witch Cottage. Building and painting underway.

September:

Interesting that the post about the Witch Cottage roof was one of the most visited this month. Everyone must be doing roofs! ha!

October:

Just about done on the Witch Cottage. Here's some pics and a video. 

I also over-indulged and posted the annual Halloween in Miniature for two weeks. 

November:


I pulled out an old 1-inch scale roombox in October and decided to finish it as an old storefront turned into a Skellie funeral parlor.  I really got a kick out of this. This was one of the most popular posts of the month.

December:

The Half-Scale Park Ave. Mansion - it's been updated - a lot - since this. I'll show the latest in an upcoming post.

I also started dollhouse 3 last month - the Half-Scale Park Ave. Mansion. Made some progress and moving along on it this month. Just a few trims inside, the fireplace, and the outside fence and posts to do yet! Then the fun part - decorating, plus making kits and accessories!

If you're curious, here's last year's update of minis I got done. 

So it's been a pretty good year mini-wise. Thanks to everyone for your visits and following my mini progress. 

On to next year - finishing this project and I am thinking - seriously - about getting back to the half-scale Colonial house, which is built - and will be Raggedy Ann & Andy's home. Stay tuned!