January 26, 2009

Eye Candy: Shabby Chic Miniatures

Is it real or is it miniature?

Today, I'm sharing some pieces that make me think of those interesting little second-hand shops where you can find all kinds of unique things for your house.

My friend Kitty first tried her hand at "shabby chic" decorating in her charming French Country-style "Brocante House," part of which I shared here previously.

She is continuing her fascination with the "shabby chic" style by constructing a new "Brocante Shop."

Can't you picture this neat hutch in your home or at your favorite store?





Make yourself at home. Looks comfy, don't you think?



Kitty made a great "faux" tray using everyday items.

* Make your own Miniature Tray *

1. Glue a scalloped or lacey paper trim to a round piece of wood or a Woodsie.
2. Paint paper and wood silver.
3. Make a tray filled with candle cups and candle holders: Fill the finished tray with silver bead caps and small crystal beads to resemble candle holders and cups.

* See more photos of Kitty's other work at her Minis by Kitty blog.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the dresser, with the little Bird Houses.

Morgan Mandel said...

If I didn't know they were miniatures, I would think they're real.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd love to see how big these are compared to something else, like a quarter or your hand. The details always amaze me.

The Great American Dollhouse Museum said...

I love the shabby chic items. Redolent of soft, smooth surfaces from my childhood. The background wall treatments enhance the pieces well. Good work! Lori Kagan-Moore, The Great American Dollhouse Museum

Sharon Reece said...

Yikes...how does anyone have patience to do anything like this. Maybe it's because I can't see as well as I used to. I despair of even having to sew on a simple button!

Sharon
http://grandmaisawriter.blogspot.com
http://www.tnchristianpublishers.com

CA Verstraete said...

FYI, a hutch is usually about 4-6 inches tall, so you have an idea of size.

Sharon, I'd rather do this than sew., ha! It's fun. I don't have patience for a lot of other things but I can mini for hours if I'm into a project.

Helen Ginger said...

My favorite is the chair, especially the seat.

Miniatures are really amazing.