January 19, 2009

Eye Candy: Magical Miniature Tables



Guess it's my turn to share since I actually got a couple things finished.

Many of you may (or may not) know that besides writing, I make and collect dollhouse miniatures.

I have been planning several projects including a greenhouse with odd plants and a witch's bakery. I also have a wizard's room to finish. You can see my wizard at the bottom of the link page.

For fun, I recently finished these magical tables. The grey table is two-sided with room for magical scrolls and a place to stash books. The top contains some potion containers, a magic "moonstone," a "glass" bowl of magic clear crystals and other potion bottles. The wood bowl holds essential quartz crystals.


Pictured: Top of grey table.Below, side of table has a medieval illustration from The Book of Kells


The red table is wood on a base of two carved plastic pillars. It contains several magical elements including one of my original handmade medieval spellbooks, an opal star, magic crystals and potion bottles. I made everything myself except purchased items like the beads, candlestick, etc. I enjoy making this and also sell them. Contact me for special orders. They can be personalized. (Items based on availability). The tables are both about 4.5" wide and 2 3/4" high.

Pictured: top of red magical table


(c) 2009 C. Verstraete, Candid Canine

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally cool - I am FASCINATED with this art form and craft of yours.

CA Verstraete said...

Thanks Marvin, it is fun. You should see some of the high-end work. That's really amazing. I'll have to post some of those links.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I love that little spell book! Your skill and craftsmanship really shine here.

Jo Raines said...

Love these! I finished my witch's cottage in a hurry this past Halloween but will be adding things to it as we go along--along with all my other projects!

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com