April 09, 2021

Half Scale #Dollhouse: Next Challenge #miniatures

 Moving right along on the Half Scale Dollhouse. Getting more lights installed.

 

Speaking of lights, we ordered several standing lights. First time I ordered these and I have to say I'm impressed. The lights are well made; nice colors on the beads on the pole, bright bulb and the shade even screws on and off! It has those plug-in pin bulbs so you can replace the bulb. (Good luck on that as it's so-tiny.) But the lamp is even nicer looking than the photo. I'll add some lace to the shades on a couple for some variety.

Also ordered some furniture kits from Sdk Miniatures. (Yes, yes, it turns into the $1 million dollhouse. haa! (HINT: Never add everything up or keep a running total. Trust me on this. ha!) 

I've ordered furniture and flower kits there before so I know how they are - nicely made and go together well.

Next: The Kitchen -Kind Of

While I had a manufactured kitchen kit and a couple other loose kits, I still didn't have a good idea what to do in the kitchen.  (I do have this full set and the modern stove magnet, too, shown here on Emily's blog.) The kitchen sets the tone of the house, so decorators and real estate ads tell you... I also have those HS magnets - a black Victorian stove and an older '30s-ish white stove, as well a metal Tootsie Toy monitor-top fridge, but... this is a newer house and the people really like their conveniences. So... what to do? 

Then I saw someone's modern kitchen on FB and thought, that would be different. For me. My other kitchen in my HS Country House is kind of vintage-looking. Another small kitchen I made (and since took that cabinet-type house apart) is also older looking. 

Well, I bit the bullet. I almost decided to build it myself, but considering how much I like measuring (Not!!!), I decided to buy a kitchen kit. I like kits and the price is always better than the finished product plus you can customize it how you want. So, other kitchen pieces I have will go to the planned Raggedy Ann house and whatever else I come up with. 

I'm not a big fan of modern contemporary stuff but this really is a nice kitchen kit (photo below) at Sdk Miniatures. So I ordered it.  Obviously I can customize it how I want, so I'll have to think on design and colors. Wish me luck. haa! I'll probably do a follow-along blog to share the pain and any tips I come up with. Stay tuned!