April 12, 2021

April Showers & Spring Flowers! #dollhouse #miniatures

 A quick update as I was pretty happy about the latest mini-make.


Thought I'd add a fun little spooky touch to the deck on the Half Scale Victorian House. As I mentioned in the previous post on the latest updates, the deck will have the "wrought iron" fencing around it with  some flower boxes. 

I wanted to do something different, so these are larger than the smaller window boxes to fit on or in front of the fences. The boxes are cut from 7/16" wide channel molding for 1" scale railings. I cut a small piece of wood to close in the gap on the ends, painted, and then filled it with Model Magic clay with moss glued on top. 

The "flowers" are actually tiny clear plastic flower beads I've been saving. Simply dab the end of florist wire into Tacky glue and then yellow paint to form the center. Once dry, dot glue underneath the blob and slide on bead. Put more glue underneath and slide on a 1/8" green circle. Press up to bottom of bead for better hold. I thought they turned out real cute!

 I decided the box needed some kind of decoration so I came across this package of teensy Halloween-shaped brads. Broke off the ends and the moon shape works perfect! I'll have to make other boxes so I can use the tiny bat, pumpkin and other designs when I do another Haunted House!

More to come! Trim being finished and the roof will be going on soon. Then the hard part - cutting a roof and *&^! shingling. Don't like that part! 

Thanks for stopping by again!