May 01, 2020

Planning my next #dollhouse project, Raggedy Ann

Or should I say likely...

Yes I bought a dollhouse kit when Hobby Builder's Supply's had the  40% off sale....

I got the 1/2" scale farmhouse by Real Good Toys. Here's a pic from the site. 
I mentioned some of this on the last post in the #AtoZ Blog Challenge - Z end and recap...

But... I decided I do want to make this into a Raggedy Ann house. My fascination with the doll began years ago. I had a couple dolls. Used to have a huge one I won in a costume contest as a teenager at church. I don't have them anymore, but it's nice to do miniature scenes since they take up less room. Well, kind of. When you have a lot of houses, you run out of room. Half scale at least takes up less space. ha!

* Here's some history and all kinds of Raggedy stuff at RaggedyLand. (Waaah, they had some cute miniatures but they're discontinued so I'll make some.) Cute ideas, I'll have to make a lunch box and love that thermos! It has to be tinier, though, as it's half scale!

Art:

This is the cutest book cover for wall art. I'll be making small books for a shelf, plus game and doll boxes.



These are adorable, Barbie Kelly doll set. How cute!



So thinking how to do this.The planning is the best part, I think: 

Some ideas:

* Raggedy lover Sheila on Raggedy Kingdom has an adorable Raggedy bedroom and a red kitchen in a 1/4" scale Victorian dome! (Scroll down on that page for pix.) I was thinking of a red kitchen, too. I like that idea.

* Here's another smaller scale house  she did with the patriotic color scheme.

I was thinking of doing the outside yellow with red and blue trim.... not sure yet.

Here's a Colorforms kit that shows a yellow house: I love yellow but for this, I'd change the green...



I might have some small scraps of Raggedy print fabric left from the other projects, but holy cow, checking Ebay, minimal choices and $$$. If we can ever leave the house soon!!! I'll have to go on a fabric hunt. 

Yeah I have a ton of fabric but not any other RA print. Figures right? haaa! Luckily this is half scale. I don't need much!

Fabric I have on hand.. just some of the reds... Will ask my friend Gigi (who's also a quilter) what she has!


Looking into the scrapbook paper inventory:

Yes, the roses are bit big... but sometimes a bigger pattern works... I kind of like that blue and rose paper, though...  Bigger patterns can be broken up with wainscoting, too. 


Kitchen: I like that retro style with the black leaves for the walls. The dots are cute as a back splash? It doesn't all have to be the dark blue with the red... but the colors can be mixed in.


I like mixing prints. It's all subject to change, until I can go out, of course. 

Stay tuned. We'll see what I figure out! I'll have to dig out the kitchen kits and see what I have.