May 15, 2020

#Miniatures Project Update: Cabinet and Kitchen


Figured I'd give a "little" update as to the projects progress...

Getting there. It's close to the end!!

Yes, I'm very-slowly doing some things for the planned Raggedy Ann house, but also trying to get the lady's shoppe cabinet and the shadow box kitchen finished. Getting there! (Click photos for full size.)

The Kitchen:

I have only a few things left to add. That open space under the kitchen cabinet will have a filled garbage container. 

I put in the faucet, added some food and finished the side counter.  The side support was cut from one of those wood fans. I glued two pieces together for strength. Plus, I added a shelf underneath to the wall with some extra dishes and a broom on the edge. 

I put some sliding "doors" (painted corrugated paper with metal findings) on the front of the sink cabinet instead of having it all open. Yes, the drain pipe is glued under there, too. I added a small bowl on the shelf as well, in case the sink leaks. (Don't trust that plumber! ha!)

I'll be adding a pizza to the oven...  looking for my ingredients! And I'm putting a stack of newspapers on the top of the fridge. 

I know, it's a really busy kitchen! It would be less busy with wall cabinets instead, but I liked the idea of using a shelf for a change. And it's like real life! I like how it's come out.




The Lady's Shoppe Cabinet

Not real big progress, but it's something I've been putting off and I'm close to finishing now. I did finish filling the shelves before. Finally, the inside is papered and the floor added. The floor paper was glued to a piece of mat board and glued on top of the cabinet drawer.  I ended up taking out the small ledges as this makes the cabinet fit inside better.  Next, have to put acrylic in doors, then add some lights on the ceiling. 




Here's a dress form I had and repainted it white. I need to finish painting the bottom, a bamboo skewer set into a wood heart shape for a stand.  The dress is actually all glued in layers, except I did do a gathering stitch to pull the waist of the dress in. 

Stay tuned! More to come!