May 04, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Shows 2

 


Some more stuff I found and saw at the annual dollhouse shows in Schaumburg and Chicago, Ill. (Click photos for full size; see other posts in left column archives.  **See Witch Cottage items and kits I found at the shows and my recent project in the previous post.)

I didn't take many pictures at the shows of displays though more things did catch my eye. But here's a couple from the Bishop Intl. Show:


These book boxes were pretty cool. (I think they were at Erik Goddard's table.) And how interesting, I see on his website he's written a novel, too. So many creative people who work in miniature are also writers.

Also some really nice fish tanks (Heart Felt Canines- and how did I miss taking pix of the dogs? Well, so much to see and you start getting overwhelmed...)

** Some of the other fun things I brought home:

A few more unique 1/24, half-scale kits from Castle Crafts: (South Africa and shipping from New York.)


* British and Coronation items:

Picked up the stove and the tiles below at A Mini Thing.

 I might put the bag and tray in my Tudor Tea Shoppe. I'm also planning on making a remembrance scene for the Queen so I may use the cookie tin there. The coronation tray and bag are from Little House at the Priory, Bampton, Oxfordshire, UK. The cookie tin is from WCD Miniatures at The Miniatures Show/T&D Miniatures.


Also got a nice Victorian stand and a small display table with tiny picture frames from Teresa's Miniature Creations. (I got the previous kitchen pieces from her for the Fairfield kitchen.)

Found some neat kits from a couple other favorites. Really liked this Narrow Table (used it before in the Fairfield attic sitting room and one in the hall by the kitchen) so I got another and found a chair by Small Scale Living from All About Miniatures.  


I know these glasses are hard to see, but they're 3D printed and will look cool in the witch cottage and the mansion. (The tall glasses I saw were painted a bright blue with India ink and had teensy "umbrellas" in them.)

 

And... What's This???


I bought a bonus prototype from favorite seller,  Susan at  SDK MiniaturesShe made this previously in 1" scale and I'd asked about half-scale. So stay tuned to see what I do with it!

Found that cute little rubbery flamingo and a couple tea dish sets. The silverware, placemats and the pretty laser "lace" horse cloth is from Stewart Dollhouse Creations. 

And.... that's it! Well, that's enough, right? But I still have to order some other half-scale 3D items online like kitchen items, etc. from MiniDecor&More/Etsy.

** Update: **

I started painting the trim for the Witch's Cottage! Funny as I've said I'm not a big fan of the color green, but that's what I'm using so far - Blue Spruce on the trim edges with Wedgewood green circles and the Blue Spruce in the center with yellow flowers. It's what fit the idea I have. I'll be using some dark brown/walnut and probably more Wedgewood Green, too. So far, so good. The base is also electric-taped, which is a good start. Once I varnish and check painting, then I start assembly!

Thanks for visiting again! Stay tuned, I should have some progress photos to show soon.