May 01, 2023

Dolhouse Shows Witch Cottage Stuff

 


Latest project: the potion cabinet

Back from the shows! Miss me? ha!

Well I didn't take many photos but I'll show a few next time. (More show stuff here.)

For now, here are a few things I found to add to the planned Witch's Cottage, to be made from the half-scale 1/24 Jasmine Victorian Gothic Cottage from Laser Dollhouse Designs. (Image from site.) * See the colors I'm choosing so far.

To start, thought I'd share a recent project I finished. The potion cabinet above is a kit I had bought before from one of my favorite sellers, SDK Miniatures. Love how it turned out! This is such a cool kit.

I also found this plastic plant before at Walmart, which I thought made some perfect plants for pots and baskets.

To go with that, I decided to get a few little items at the shows.

Found these fun little cats and brooms. I may make one of the brooms smaller since this is half-scale after all. Have an idea to test out that glow-in-the-dark powder I bought on the cat's eyes, too. That little pumpkin pot should make a good planter.

The bunched plants, which are vines on "branches," were from Castle Crafts from South Africa, at the Bishop Intl. Show, Chicago. They have nice kits and also ship from New York.

I'm going to try gluing the vine parts to some thin cloth-covered wire so I can position them. Thought these would look nice with some Morning Glory-type flowers wrapped around the front porch supports. I got the smaller ivy punch from the Heidi Ott booth.

(Image from site.)

 I wanted to try out this Winter Aconite flower kit, also from SDK Miniatures, found at the Miniatures Show in Schaumburg, Ill. Funny as I thought these were pretty flowers, but it turns out they're also perfect for a witch! Looked it up - a poisonous plant. It dies in summer, but in a bewitched cottage it'll grow all year. Beware: poisonous tubers for those potions! ha!

I also decided to get the other Gothic kits from SDK Miniatures for the second floor bedroom in the cottage. These will be fun to make and will look pretty cool.

The statue of Pan is perfect for this kind of cottage. Found from WCD Miniatures at the Schaumburg Miniatures Show. (Actually I also have the same lighter-colored statue on the lawn of my other haunted house.) He always has some interesting statues and Egyptian figures at his table. 

I'm on a mini phone kick, it seems, ha! Found these at the mini metals table (J and K Minis). One phone even has removable parts. (The magic phone? ha!) And I saw those mini hands and couldn't resist! Will have to figure out something haunted for them!

That's it for the moment! 

Thanks for visiting and come back soon for more photos and - hopefully - some progress!