September 12, 2022

Remembering Queen Elizabeth II #miniatures

 

 

Above: One of the Corgis standing alone. In real life, the queen's last four dogs are supposed to be taken in by Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson now. Photos  - (c) C. Verstraete


I see I haven't posted in couple months. I have been busy working on the Fairfield dollhouse and will show some progress later, but first I wanted to share my condolences and deep sadness at the death of England's Queen Elizabeth II. 

I'm a big anglophile and have admired the Queen for years after also visiting the UK twice. Oh, I so wish I was there now to remember her in person! Someday I hope again to be able to go there and visit where she and Prince Philip are buried, as well as see Princess Diana's resting place.

But for now, here again are some of my favorite miniatures from my 1/12th scale Tudor Tea Shoppe in remembrance of Queen Elizabeth II. Here are a few other photos and the full room here. and a newer post here.


Tea setting. Portrait of the Queen and Prince Philip.



I was so glad to have found this tea set with the British Union Jack. I bought a second set also and am thinking of doing a British sitting room.


Queen and Jubilee pillows from LadybirdandPenguin on Etsy.



* Come back in a couple days for dollhouse updates!