June 11, 2009

Searching For A Starry Night 4th Grade Visit 2

A few notes from my visit today to Nash Elementary School in Kenosha, WI. (Pictured: Teacher Cara Gorr reads Searching For A Starry Night to the class.)

The kids and 4th grade teacher Cara Gorr finished reading Searching For A Starry Night, A Miniature Art Mystery in class.

Fun to see whom they picked as the thief of the miniature painting, a replica of Van Gogh's "Starry Night." (It was about half and half favoring the housekeeper and the gardener!)

Today, I signed copies of the book for students and shared my miniature Candy Box Room which they thought was "sweet!" (Sorry, I couldn't resist. ha!)



(Pictured: Blackboard image)

I also asked the kids to name their favorite parts of the book. A couple replies:

"When Petey ran to get the key from Mr. Jensen, I imagined it. It looked funny." - Josh.

"When Petey ran away with the keys at Mr. Jensen's house cuz my dog alwasy runs away with stuff." - Kaitlyn.

** Next, I'll share some interesting lessons and how the kids answered the class questions. I even learned a few things and new ways to look at things, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea, Christine, taking a picture of the teacher reading your book to her class. Aren't fourth-graders delightful?

CA Verstraete said...

Yes this was fun. First experience and this age is great. They're still excited and in awe of stuff. Really great.

Katie Hines said...

Your school visit sounds fun, Chris. I can hardly wait for my own school visits.