September 02, 2024

Halloween: Van Buren Dollhouse Furnishings

 Another month and a new post! Where does time go?

I've been working on making some furnishings and decorating the half-scale Greenleaf Van Buren Halloween dollhouse I finally got back to last month. It had been sitting awhile so I decided to finish the trim and top roof trim, and I have to admit, it looks pretty nice. I realize I still have to add some cobwebs to the inside ceilings, too. (See last post - abandoned room. Click photos for full size.) ** See end for the Instagram #septemberspookyseason24 game photo!

I kept looking at it (or was it peering at me?) and finally decided to start adding some art/pictures, which really makes a difference. We'll see how well I can get photos as some may be hard to see. I make a lot of pictures like the eerie landscapes below as they're fun to do and just to have them on hand, even if I don't use them all right away.


The rooms are in progress. I hate showing photos of things not finished, but I also love sharing how it looks so far. So, no win. ha! But taking the photos gives me an idea of what I need to fix or change. You stare at things but it seems only a photo shows the goofs or changes needed. You know how that goes...


Parlor/Living room: This has a cool cat pattern background from scrapbook paper I had. Sadly, it's gone except for maybe a tiny piece. I added the creepy picture to the fireplace top. (Warning: I bought the fireplace last year (or the year before) at Michael's and have bought lit items before with no problem. ** Be sure to check things now: I bought a larger lit pumpkin lantern this year (not shown) - which I learned after I was home that it came WITHOUT batteries. Things are getting cheapened. I would've been really mad if I'd paid full price.)

The coffee table was received in a past Half Scale group swap. I painted it and added some creepy manuscripts inside.  


A pot of poison sumac (SDK Miniatures.) and a Dracula book (of course!) is on a side table from TMC Miniatures. This goes in the parlor above and in second photo below, next to the maroon Gothic chair near the door.


That ghost gets around!


The Kitchen: so far: I am thinking of putting that spice cabinet there on the right side wall. Have to add more dishes. More poison plants in the skull on the cabinet.


Looks like someone got mad... haaa!


Still in progress. I hung onto this old plastic kitchen stove/sink piece for a long time but I think it fits well here with the Tootsietoy fridge/cabinet. I think I'll have to age this even more. I wasn't going to make it really dirty, but it still looks too clean. Have to add bead knobs and a larger faucet yet.

Here's what's cooking so far, eyeball soup and bloody steak (have to add the liquid in.) I'm being pretty tame here... (for me). ha!


Bedroom:


The tree bed kit (Michelle's Miniatures) fits pretty well in here, along with the chaise kit. I need to add in more furnishings yet and a rug.

Just a short tour for now. I'll be adding more things and more photos soon, so stay tuned!

For fun:  (Click to see full size.)  #SEPTEMBERSPOOKYSEASON24




** September also is #septemberspookyseason24 on Instagram. Daily posts and some giveaways via @wyrdworldminiatures. * Follow me also - @cwrite12. I'll try to post my daily (hopefully) Halloween inspiration here also with a reminder. Join in! Sept 1 prompt is Tumbling. Today Sept. 2 is...Feathered Friends. (Some of these may be hard to match. See photo above.)

 
   *** Ahhh, I remember, I do have a Feathered friend... the vulture in my large haunted house on my website! My pet vulture is from Barb's Mini-Gems.