July 18, 2024

#Halloween Mini Making!

 


Happy Soon Halloween! The countdown (after July 4) begins, so I changed the head banner already. Why not? (Grr! Michael's has the Halloween minis (see previous post ) now at 40% off, after I went too early of course! I'll have to get in on another sale later.)

Made a few new half-scale kits that I'm really happy with the results! (See the last post. * Back to Halloween dollhouse.) Click photos for full size.) These have to be three of my most favorite kits I've done!

Made the tree bed I bought a while back from Michelle's Miniatures. I decided the bed looked best in brown, with black lines and black tips on the branches. I thought this color combination for the fabrics looked good, using a vintage-looking rose print with a black with various tone spots. I might add another pillow or toy yet. You can see the black print better on that tiny chaise lounge I showed before and finished to match.

The small chair, which I painted black, is actually metal and used for dinner place settings. I made the spider web rug using a net pattern glued on top of the rose print.

 I absolutely love this cute little Wonky Clock from CastleCrafts. I was thrilled when I saw she had this in half-scale at the last spring Bishop Show. I was a challenge, I'll admit, especially having to cut the thin pieces of paper to fit the edges around the center front opening! A lot of cutting and pasting but the end result is just too cute and worth the time!!

Another favorite kit is this Gothic Spice Chest from SDK Miniatures. I made one as a potion cabinet previously in my Witch's Cottage, which came out great. It's such a nicet kit that I had to do another one and really love this look. (My friend Gigi gave me the Raven-skull light at Christmas.)

This time I wanted to do something different and almost painted it black, but once I saw this sparkly pattern in my friend's paper stash, I love colors and sparkle so I decided to give the cabinet a kind of sparkly Moroccan flavor! I painted it beige/tan with gold edges to highlight the red pattern. The front drawer inset is also panted gold with the print underneath. I usually paint the back gold to show through. I put red seed beads touched with gold paint for drawer knobs. I just love the results!

The single Gothic bookcase kit, also from SDK Miniatures, will be painted the same and use the same paper as above. I usually do the brown with gold accents, but this will be fun to try something different. Will share once it's done!


That's it for the moment. Thanks again for visiting. Come back soon for updates!