July 29, 2024

More Halloween Miniatures!

 

In the Halloween mood! (Even if Hobby Lobby already had - gasp! - Christmas trees & ornaments out! Now that is early, but everything seems to be earlier this year!) (* See last post and previous Halloween house post. Click for full-size photos.)

Finished the two Gothic pieces, the spice cabinet and bookcase (above). (SDK Miniatures.) Now you can really see the colors here. Love how these turned out! I'll definitely make more of these with bright colors. Here's the books in the bookcase and how the side looks:

 

I went to Michael's again... got this cute little light-up building since it was on sale and I had a $5 voucher to use. Figured why not? Have to paint it. Cute as it lights up green.

Then of course I looked at the Ashland minis again, this time on sale, and got a few others. I'm going to be doing some mold-making  with the bottles and wall sign. 

I may get that small cauldron they had yet, too, and still considering the skeleton leg side tables. Had an idea to make a table out of the cauldron. This really is the best selection of Halloween minis they've ever had! I see a lot of people online mentioning them also.


 I couldn't resist this fun monster plant. Perfect size. I think I'll paint the mouth inside red. It needs more of an accent.

I know I showed a few of these before, but I made a few more eerie "vintage" paintings, too. These are always fun to do.

I have to work on finishing the inside of the Haunted house next, but I also found this cute kit on sale during Amazon Prime days. It's a bit smaller than I hoped but it'll still work. I had an idea for the outside walls and also found these neat wood skeletons at Michael's for wall decorations. The skeletons are 3 in a pack and are about 4" tall.



That's it for now. Will share my mold efforts and whatever else I finish soon. I still have those poison plants to make yet, too! *  Started painting the poison ivy and sumac, and they really look good!

Thanks again for visiting! See you next time. Hopefully I'll make more progress on the haunted house itself.