January 16, 2023

#Fairfield Dollhouse: Attic floor completed!

 

Favorite pic of the week: lamp by the attic window.

It's hard to believe, but this week I finished the attic trim, which means the third floor is done! So now all the floors are done, meaning they are papered and trimmed. After a year, it doesn't seem real! (Check archives in left column for previous posts. Also see end of year recap.) *Click photos for full size.

Fitting the bath pieces. The door at left goes into the boy's bedroom.



Here's the bath niche unfinished and a view of both attic spaces. I added the false wall and door on the left side which goes to the boy's bedroom. I had to cut angled pieces of mat board which were glued together in a double layer and then papered. I love that mustard yellow paper. Not sure where I got it but it has typed words on it so I'll have to add a small typewriter table for the writer, of course! I'm finishing up the bath pieces to put in there, so that's coming up.

 * Added: As someone asked: the brick is textured paper from  Starboc2 on Etsy. She's in Greece, but has nice products and fast shipping. Used the brick paper on the Van Buren house  interior and exterior also. See finished exterior. 

The right side attic space. Lucky I had enough wood floor pieces left to fit here. Thought it would be fun to add a crate with an uncovered lamp. And what is that peeking out? 

A visitor: A ghost mouse! haa!


For fun, here's the attic with stuff in it, which I took out for now and will change around yet. I'm thinking of putting my extra art on the walls for storage.

I'm not entirely done as I'm still adding edge trim and a few pieces I missed, plus I have to (yes, still) put in the spiral stairs, but the house is really almost finished. Working on the foundation now and have a great idea for front lattice. (More on that later.)

The roof tower section is trimmed. I'll show that once I get my latest find for the tower tip in the mail. 

Other updates:

Side of the house with the stained glass windows, window boxes, and the angled pieces above the lower windows covered with corrugated cardboard.

It's hard to show the colors but the flowers (soft plastic) are nice shades of rose. 


Next up is to decorate all the rooms, which is the fun part. I have to say I don't like all the trimming but I do like coming up with ideas on different ways to do things. I still have some furniture pieces to make too and probably some flowers.

The bare wall was bugging me so I added some art in the second floor bathroom. Yeah, that was fun trying to reach in there. ha! I got it in with tweezers and a glue dot on back which I hope stays on. 😃 I also added that post on the end of the stairs with a "fancy" bead top. I have to trim the top of the walls on both sides and add some artwork.

Girl's bedroom:

I like how the wood grate looks in the fireplace. Here's the Tootsietoy bed I decided to paint brown, with linen colors to go with the maroon wallpaper. I like how the larger bead caps worked for ceiling lights with a gold filigree medallion. I've done more feminine girl's rooms before but I really liked this wallpaper/scrapbook paper and think it turned out well with the brick.

I'll save the finished boy's room photos and show them next time with the finished girl's room. Plus I have to fill both attic spaces.

Then it's on to hanging art, furniture kits, decorating.... and after that?

Well, I may work on a couple smaller projects before I tackle the next big house. Sometimes you have to take a break between large projects. 

The good thing is between this I finished making my items for the annual Half Scale Group swap and mailed them. Can't share what I made yet. Now just have to wait until March for the return box. Always fun to see what other people have made.

So.... stay tuned for more decorating updates.... Thanks for visiting!