October 18, 2022

#Fairfield #Dollhouse: The Latest, Again


Photo: Exterior first floor porch, left is the former door, back of kitchen wall. 

Waiting to put the posts and railings until I'm done with any outside trim. I don't want to lay the house down again once they're installed. Yeah, I know, have to add the top on the light. ha!

 (Click photos for full size.)

Just a few photos of the latest things finished. 

Porch/kitchen wall:  My makeover of the wall is done! Lucky, lucky me! I held off on putting brick paper on the kitchen wall as maybe, just maybe, I had a piece of the orange paper left.

Yay! I'd looked everywhere and finally looked in this other box and found one piece big enough for that wall! See last updateupdate 2. The brick would've been fine, but I wanted it to match. So, now that is done! Luckily it's such a busy pattern that you can't tell where I patched it. Next time, I'll make some of the kitchen kits and see how things look and where to put them. I just love these prints!

Before: 



After: 

Much better! Now I have another wall to use. The room really didn't need two entrances. 

Top porch: So far - I decided after all to use the floor pieces I'd previously cut and painted to match the bottom porch. Figured it looked best the same color. I decided to go with the lighter color corner trim to match the windows and door trim. Glued the posts, but I'll add the railings once I'm done gluing them together. Have to finish trim on porch and top once the cupola is added since I have to measure the pieces to fit. 


Bedroom: For fun, maybe I'll leave the pumpkin in the girl's room fireplace for now. 😃


Have to add some grates in the other fireplaces yet. Found some neat pieces to use.

Dining room: Got the curtains in. Love how this looks. I used a sparkly web-like ribbon for shades and made valances also in a monochrome tone. I made them by folding the strips to make small pleats. I also have the bedroom curtains made but have to glue them in yet.


As I showed earlier, the adjoining living room on the left side (below) is in similar black/white tones and also uses the same striped paper. I really like these rooms. Planning the color theme is the best part, next to decorating and filling the rooms, of course! In case I didn't mention, I use all scrapbook papers as I can get a good variety and the papers are usually heavier. Plus, I can pick them up at Hobby Lobby or Michael's if I need more.


That's it for now! Thanks for visiting again. More photos will be coming - and Halloween in Miniature is coming up so be sure to subscribe for updates (box in left column) and come back soon!