October 22, 2022

#Halloween Half Scale Swaps

 

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, especially when it comes to decorating the dollhouses.

For fun, for the first time, I joined in the Halloween swap between members of the Half Scale Miniatures group on Facebook. I couldn't resist!

My swap partner Randi sent along an assortment of items in this chained coffin case. I cracked up when I saw that face pie as I'd seen the larger ones online and had thought of making one! I "saved face" by not trying it (haa!) - yet -  since she did a great job! 

She included this fun sign, bottle, ouija board and wreath, too. All will come in handy!


I made this grouping below for my swap partner Yarrow. It was fun deciding what to make!

Loved making the little chair and table, so I made another set for myself (below). I've made these easy chairs before from a pattern by Terri, admin of the FB Half Scale Group. 

I measured the table from one I already had. Simple to make by covering a 1.5" high large dowel rod, then covering the top with a circle of fabric; glue the tablecloth folds in by quarters. The footstool is made from sections of a foam "bead" I got a while back from The Dollar Tree. I also have square and heart shapes. They make great footstools by folding and gluing the fabric, then edging it with Bunka thread. 


I'm adding items into the Fairfield for Halloween. I'll show pix soon. Almost finished decorating the main bedroom. Wait'll you see the bed I made! 

Thanks for visiting again. See you next time!