March 11, 2022

Progress! Haunted HS #Dollhouse

 Yes, I've been quiet, but steadily (slowly) working on the Half Scale Haunted House. I've been working on the tedious parts, putting brick paper on the outside and started the roof. There is progress! (Wow, has it been since January when I last posted on this house? * See latest post here.) Update: The roof is almost done. Working on the center part now.

Added the balcony and also put two windowboxes on the second floor. They look crooked in the photo since the insides are painted the same as the window but they're not.)  I also decided to leave the bottom fancy trim showing under the brick on the top sections. Thought it added something.

I'm using the textured brick paper from  Starboc2 on Etsy. Gives just the right effect! To be truthful, I still have the section on the right side to paper yet and have to glue the window trim on.


I'd put off doing the paper as it takes time but I'm now on the really tedious part - the roof. I knew I wanted to use the corrugated paper and I'd seen a house where it was cut in rows. I like the effect as it fits the style of the house, but what a job as I have to also cut around the chimneys. But I really like how this is coming out.

I used the silver-coated paper as it's a little heavier. (I found another sheet but it's glittery (only one they had) so I'll have to really paint that more. ha!) I'll still do some touching up and adding some black paint on the roof to age it so that should help cover any spots showing through yet. Love how this looks as the building has that aged look I wanted without my making it too dilapidated!


I'll be putting some lichen and weed-like plants in the planter boxes. I'll also be adding some vines and lichen along sections of the brick and the roof. I'm debating on making some wisteria vines, too, as I like the flowers and think they might add something. The hard part will be cutting the roof paper for the slopes and making sure it's even. 

The light on the wall helped in the attic. I just found the last three sheets of that heavier floor paper at Michael's in a grayish color, which I can also lightly paint if I want. Makes good flooring once you draw the lines on.


So far, so good. Will post again when I have more to show! Thanks for visiting!