March 17, 2022

Thrift Store Finds! #dollhouse #miniatures


 Got some good finds lately at Goodwill. The miniatures lately have been few and far between, but I lucked out recently. (Click photos for full size.)

Top photo: I found these cool figures a couple weeks ago. They're actually thimbles, I guess, but are perfect for figures in a lady's shop, on a counter or something. I also found a working double window for only $2.99!

This week, I actually found a bunch of furniture. A couple good pieces and cheaper stuff, but that's ok. I'm not doing as much 1" scale, but I have several boxes to fill yet. Painted or not, it's good as filler furniture.  I haven't come across these painted dollar store furnishings in a while (and at least they had them priced at the right price, 99 cents each.) I may use them in a flower shop for now. I have a Halloween storage box I bought a while ago, so maybe I'll make a potion shop or something. Haven't decided, but I'll probably get in a flower-making mood again once things start blooming in real life.


The brown desk is interesting; older piece as it was made in Taiwan.


Speaking of flowers... got a bunch of punches. Snowflake, a couple others, but I was mostly interested in these two: the pawprint will make good petals and the other will make a neat flower.. have to experiment. Poppy, maybe? Here was a good find, too - a bunch of 1/2" flowerpots for 50 cents. Nice to have a variety instead of just the wood pots.


That's it for now. Thanks for visiting and looking!