September 04, 2026

MiniJoyMonth 4: My Style

 

half-scale bed

Here's the bed I redecorated for Halloween in my Lavender Cottage.

 Another day as MiniJoyMonth on Instagram unfolds. So fun to have a whole group of miniaturists sharing their work!  (Be sure to join in or follow along with host
@vintagedollhouseshop and look for the tag #minijoymonth. * See my Instagram page and friend me at cwrite12. )  

*Click photos for full size.

* For this blog, I'll share all my posts on the Day 1 post here.

Today's Prompt:

My Style

I like pretty things and floral and Victorian. But I also fight my "darker" side as I love the colors and decorations for Halloween! So even if I'm decorating something "prettier," I seem to go back to Halloween somehow. ha!

Loved the fabric and making these slipper chairs.

I did that in my Lavender Cottage, which was first decorated as a kind of summer cottage. Then last month I decided to decorate it for Halloween, which also led, for some reason, to my switching the rooms around. (* See house updated for Halloween.)

So with my color choices and decor, I'll say my style is Halloween Lite. (Though, yes, I do like to indulge in the gorier stuff sometimes. Nothing more fun than making some mini Eyeball soup or something creepy! ha! (Yes, I've made a Witch's Bakery last October (where does time go?) and there's a restaurant in the planning.)

I did use a brighter "fun" Halloween touch also in my Halloween shop, which was a lot of fun to do. I'll share that again on a later post.

* Thanks again for visiting! Come back tomorrow for more minis!*