September 19, 2026

MiniJoyMonth 19: Taking Shape: Halloween Tea Shop

 

halloween tea shop
Halloween Shop front - The pots are some kind of faux pods. The planter is a mint container lid.

*********************************

Another day as MiniJoyMonth on Instagram unfolds. So fun to have a whole group of miniaturists sharing their work!  (Be sure to join in or follow along with host @vintagedollhouseshop and look for the tag #minijoymonth2026. * See my Instagram page and friend me at cwrite12. )  

*Click photos for full size. * For this blog, I'll share all my posts on the Day 1 post here.

Today's Prompt: Taking Shape

Building a dollhouse or kit takes time. It takes some thinking and planning for a project to take shape.

I know for me, I can't move forward, or don't really get inspired, until the idea for how a project should look is formed in my mind. Once I can "see" it, then I feel like it'll work. Know what I mean? That's why sometimes it takes a while to get started on a project. Then once you know if something will work, it can move forward, not that some things don't change along the way!

Finally I got the Halloween Tea Shop looking how I want it! Love the result!

Here's the orignal idea (web pic; nice, the style originally caught my eye though it's too bland for me! I like bright colors! ha!)

orig tea shop web

It started as a Tea Shoppe kit from Teri Hanson Miniatures, (see original post) but I just had to decorate it for Halloween! It will be a shop with assorted items that are now sitting in drawers or boxes.

halloween flowers

Here are the flowers in the "pod" containers and oh, look - a visitor! Must be all that Wisc. cheese that makes them so big. haa! ( I couldn't resist! A small bag at Menard's.) 

* Added: the top wallpaper is textured paper I bought by the roll and painted; the bottom is textured HS textured brick paper by Starboc1 in Greece. New site: MiniaturesWallpapers.com. 

Oh Rats!

Inside:

1st Floor: I used the idea I had for the Half-Scale Garage, to make a ceiling "flourescent" light


I'm also going to use this wall cabinet kit from Teri Hanson Miniatures on this floor. It covers the back wall. It had nice scribed lines, but I wanted it to have a Halloween look so I used scrapbook paper inside. I really liked both these prints.

wall cabinet

Floor 2 - Will have tables and lots of pumpkins. The clear pumpkins made perfect light covers!


I'll show more later as I have some cool additions for this - and remember that small attic I was working on? It works perfectly with this project! Stay tuned!

* Thanks again for visiting. Come back tomorrow for more minis! *