![]() |
| Record store in a Street of Shoppes building |
Another day as MiniJoyMonth on Instagram unfolds. So fun to have a whole group of miniaturists sharing their work! (Be sure to join in or follow along with host @vintagedollhouseshop and look for the tag #minijoymonth2026. * See my Instagram page and friend me at cwrite12. )
*Click photos for full size. * For this blog, I'll share all my posts on the Day 1 post here.
Today's Prompt: Material World
All I can think of for this one is Madonna's "Material Girl."
Material... wood, fabric, paints, stuff. It takes lots of STUFF to craft and make minis.
I admit, I let this post go as I really couldn't think of what to post, then I decided Material=Paper. I use a lot of paper for printies, like making all the miniature records in this record store. There are also record players on the left side. (Hard to get photo because of colored lights I have above it.)
| Record table |
| Inside, left |
This was made before they came out with the actual record players that play, but that are larger than these. The keychain record players I used do make "scritching" sounds.
Material - boxes, bins, shelves of STUFF. Be sure you have room if you're making minis! haaa! 😅 Bookshelves are your friend! (Yes, I have quite a few!)
One thing I've tried to do: storing the kits, fabrics, etc. for a project together in a plastic scrapbook container or box. Keeping everything together really helps!
The big question: How do you store your minis and materials?
* Thanks again for visiting. Come back tomorrow for more minis! *

