April 18, 2026

Blogging A to Z: New Miniature Project!

HS storefront

Perfect! P for New Project!  Day 1 -   Back: M for..- Next: Q-R for...

 I couldn't resist! Had to share a new project I got at the dollhouse show. No, it's not finished but is a kit. Photo is the prototype.

I kept eyeing this, deciding on and off. No, I didn't need (yes I do!) another kit but I really don't have a storefront in half-scale - kit from Teri Hanson Miniatures (The Covered Chipboard.) Looking at it, I guess I have to see how to hinge it, unless it slides in. I didn't examine it that well yet.

Also got this cool bookcase from her and these shelves for one of the floors. 

1:24 bookshelf

shelf kits

Size: 

  • FINISHED DIMENSIONS: 8.25″w, 12″h, 5.75″d
  • ROOM SIZES: 7.5″w, 5.75″h, 5″d

I didn't get the papers as I have my own and I'm thinking of doing it in purple. No surprise. Hmmm, maybe it'll be a Halloween shop since I don't have one in half-scale. ha! Then I can put in a lot of the stuff that's sitting in drawers. 

A possible idea is doing faux stucco on the outside. My friend is making a Robin Betterley house kit and her method is gluing torn paper towels to the surface with glue or Mod Podge, then painting. It looks pretty good. Might try that. 

Raggedy doll and minis

A couple other things I got: love when I find some random Raggedy Ann stuff for the eventual half-scale house that's been sitting waiting for me to paper it. The cute red pots and some of the other items were from the NAME table. I also got a half-scale porch kit there, only $10! I've been thinking on that project; maybe I'll work on it soon. Yeah, I keep saying that. ha!

Raggedy style bookshelf

Also got this cute Raggedy bookends kit. Never mind the photo. It's tiny! 

bookcase

Trugs, easel
trugs, easel kits

And a few more CastleCrafts kits. I really like her stuff. I want to get the Apothecary cabinet yet and maybe the plant barrow.

If I needed more room I can always add a small shed on the side made from foam board. That could work, too. Or... I also have a market stall kit  that isn't done yet. That could be cute. I like the idea of even doing both to expand the project. Why not? I have plenty of Halloween stuff put away! Well see what I end up doing.

HS potting shed

I made a side garden shed before on my Country house that came out really cute. This could be a cool project. Oh, they all are cool. haa!

* Come back tomorrow for more miniatures! Thanks for visiting!