Library in progress in a photo box.
Getting whiplash yet? haa!
Yeah, I switch around a lot. The floor is in (a painted wood placemat) and I had to wait to get back to the Gothic Library in progress in the photo box until I got the windows (ShedtoShelfBySean/Etsy). (*Click photos for full size, better view.)
Love the windows!
Really nice (and cheap!) I might add. Perfect for this project.
The new Gothic windows are painted and I'm adding some slight ageing yet, so now figuring out the walls. That's the part I hate, all the measuring and figuring, but I do like seeing an idea work out how I envisioned it. I decided to use foam board inside as it's easily cut and once it's wallpapered you won't know what is underneath.
Oops! Realized after I glued in the wall support posts that they'll show through the windows. Moving them over so I can glue in landscape pictures from a magazine on the back wall. So far, so good.
I wanted to add a pair of bookcases on the left side wall. Had these so I think they'll work. Only ones I have two of the same. My friend Gigi gave me a good idea to add a window and a window seat there, like a reading nook. I always like building in window seats. I did that in my larger Victorian half-scale dollhouse. I really liked this den as it has a cool world-themed scrapbook paper I used and a great bookcase with items the traveler collected from around the world. That was a fun theme to do.
The wall on the right side will be closed since I'll put the tall Gothic bookcase there. (See furnishings.)
Have to figure out where to drill holes for the backlights in the windows, one in the fireplace, and I think a couple sconces or something on a wall; maybe something next to the single bookcase. Not sure yet. I decided to use the 3-volt lights and a battery box since I really don't turn these small projects on that much. Getting there!
Update: The Day of the Dead book nook is going along well, too. I really like this one, maybe even more than any others I've done so far. I'm adding a bunch of stuff to it for dimension. I'll share that next time. Right now I'm working on all the little building fronts that you have to put together. Dare I say it? Very cute!
So, that's the news for the moment! What are you working on? Feel free to comment and share. I love seeing what everyone is doing! (Not sure if you can post a photo but email me and I'll be glad to include one with your name, any links, and what you're working on.)
* Thanks again for visiting! Come back soon for more progress and projects! *
