Love this view! Why am I picturing wall shackles and a skeleton here? ha! Halloween idea!
It's lit! But that doesn't mean it was easy getting there. (*Click photos for full size. See furnishings and planning in last post.)
With three windows, two candle sconces, and a fireplace, I had to do some figuring. Since I wanted a battery pack in the back, I had to figure where to drill holes, should've fed some light wires through first as they were hard to reach and get through the holes, and I had to attach an extension wire to the two candles on the sides so it would reach to the back.
The sconces are made from pieces cut from an ink pen refill and LED lights glued into small vase-shaped beads. They look like sconces!
Added some branches, red cellophane, and a light in the fireplace.
Overhead view so far.
The back... oh a mess. ha!
It could've been neater but at this point, I didn't want to refigure any wires since it all worked. Had a problem with one wire coming loose, but after re-soldering, it's all set. The back doesn't matter. I can always tack on a pretty background cover and cut around the battery box if needed. The main thing is it works so it's best not to mess with it. ha! Wiring can be a challege, but it's an accomplishment when it's done.
I have to add a ceiling yet, and possibly cover some corners but it turned out pretty good. I'm not too crazy about dividing the two front windows, but it'll have to be for now.
That's it for the moment!
* Thanks again for visiting. Come back soon for more updates and projects! *
I'll show more once I decorate and get furniture in, but I like the look, like a castle room.