August 21, 2024

Halloween: Poison Plants & Abandoned Chair

 


With Halloween season underway, I'll be ramping up posts, some short, some revisits, as I have quite a few projects I've done over the years.

For now, I almost forgot about the neat poison plants I was working on! I start or finish stuff, then put it away and forget about it. haa! 

I finished these Poison Ivy plants from an SDK Miniatures kit. They really turned out great. I still have more leaves left over and a couple other plants to do like this Poison Sumac. Haunted houses need the right plants, you know. 💀. All are half-scale, 1/24th. (Click photos for full size.)

Then, as I'm still working on the Abandoned Room project made in a small photo box, I found a few more of these plastic Victorian chairs and couches I'd stashed away. As this one had broken legs already, I decided to remove the faux red velvet fabric and reupholster it with dirty, torn fabric to match the rickety couch. 

I had this little table I might add, too, and I'll be looking for a smaller LED lamp I can put on it, unless I find the right parts to make one. It does need a bit more light.


I also want to add the torn books yet plus some junk and garbage lying around. Getting there!


More to come!  Thanks for visiting! Stop back soon for more updates. * Don't forget to sign up for email updates in the left column so you know when there's a new post.