May 01, 2022

The Annual Spring #Dollhouse #Miniature Shows!

 


Lots to see at the two shows, the Bishop International Show in Chicago by O'Hare Airport and the Spring Showcase show by T&D Miniatures in Schaumburg, Ill. (Click photos for full size.)

This year there were some cool displays at the Showcase show.  Of special interest was this roombox above called The Frasier Project by Kentucky miniaturist Preston Poling, "The Bearded Miniaturist." The replica details the Seattle apartment of psychiatrist/radio host Frasier Crane (played by Kelsey Grammer) on the Frasier TV show, which aired from 1993-2004 on NBC. 

Lots of great detail in this down to the dog "Eddy" in the chair -- but I have to say that chair really looked way rattier on TV. haa! Very cool project. There's also a Facebook group for the project. (And  his YouTube - oops! Repairs were needed!)

Kitchen and side view:


Also of interest was this mini Seattle-area Record Shop, also by Poling. I love that outdoor sign and the electric meter caught my eye as did the realistic a/c unit on the roof!





Check out the console!


Another interesting project were these theater rooms. I'm showing just a few. (I'm trying to find the information on these. I believe they were to be auctioned off for donations to St. Jude Children's Hospital.)




I found some neat kits at the Bishop show, too. I was looking rather than taking photos there this time since it's a much bigger show. More on some of my finds from both shows in another coming post. All in all, it sure was nice to be able to see and shop for minis again. And luckily we got home early enough as there are some pretty bad storms and tornado warnings coming as I wrote this Saturday.

Until next time!