January 25, 2021

HS #Dollhouse Let there be Light!

 Still working on the new/old half scale dollhouse. (Here's the first photos.)

First floor trim, curtains and lights are in! The real challenge was getting the staircase built (the tiny spindles!) and then getting it in the front hall. Still have to attach the post by trying to get my hand through the front door. haa! The rooms don't leave much space to work in! (Click on photos for full view.)

Here's a view of the kitchen (left) and hall...


Here's the dining room and the pretty chandelier:

Closer view:


Three rooms, kitchen, hall, dining room...


Front door: (I plan to add a floral wreath on the door.)


Not real exciting, I know... but it's all these little things you have to do in the building process. My least favorite part, btw.

I also started putting together a fridge from MiniEtchers. (The handles have to be painted and added separate.) I have a fairly modern kitchen set (Houseworks half scale) so I figured this fridge will fit in. The stove is going to be an old-fashioned type, though, one of those half scale fridge magnets.

Also pictured is one of the window boxes I made. It turned out perfect but... I am not going to make 10 or more (likely more.) The plan (so far) is to see if I can make a mold since I bought a mold-making kit. I have a giant jar of plaster. I've tried this before on some frames and it didn't work out too bad.

 Otherwise it's cut out all that wood (!!!) or find someone to 3D print them, or something. If I have to build them, then I'll have to look at it like when I do the annual half-scale swap of 30 or more items, which I'll have to plan soon also. Assembly line TV project. A few at at time so as not to go crazy. (Last time I made mini Monopoly game boards.) We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know!

Next we start on the second floor which will be a bedroom, and study/den. The center hall with the framed opening looking down to the first floor will be included in the den. The first floor living room on the right side (part of the tower) is two stories. The upper part on the third floor will be part of a child's room and play area. The rest of the third floor should have an attic section, a nursery/sewing room and maybe a part-bath.