August 02, 2019

#Paris #Miniature Project 22 - It's Curtains & More!


Hello Everyone! Progress and Happy August! (Already??!)

 As the gold curtains are finished (see previous update #20), the second floor is now together! 

It's getting exciting as the ‘zillion’ little things I've been working on are now coming together. At the time it doesn't seem like anything is going on!

I also finished the third floor curtains and soon the third floor will be glued after another unplanned modification. (Click photos for full size.) (Fantastic! Love the curtains!!--Chris)



First, let me talk about the curtains. I found this delicate lacy material which is soft and thin, and they have now become curtains. I individually sewed on the gold rings that came with the expandable rod (highlandminis on Etsy). The curtains have a hem. I used transparent thread, which is like a fishing line, but much thinner. The side windows are lacy as well, but not as fancy as the curtains over the doors. I wanted something that I can open and close, so the reason for sewing the rings on. After all this is a bedroom, and privacy is necessary!  

Each curtain has a tieback with blue tassels (also from highlandminis). So, I can unhook the gold rings from the hook on each side and they close. I am so tickled with the results. It allows me to “play” with the scene as the doors will lead out to a balcony. The photo shows the table and chairs with the doors open (without the curtains).



Now on to the modification for the third floor. The kit is a little wider and narrower (in depth) than the floors below. Originally, I was going to add a small balcony to the width of the third floor, but now my DH will be cutting out a new “floor” that is the width and desired length. The balcony will still run the length of the third floor but it will be 4 inches wide hanging about 1 ½ to 2 inches over the second floor. This way there will be more room to have fun with the balcony. 


As I mentioned in Monday's post #21, I finished two of the geranium kits that I ordered from TheMiniatureGarden (UK) on Etsy. This is one of the mini balconies (below) that will be in front of the second floor windows. I just have to make two more flower kits for the second balcony.



Well, that's all for today! Probably next week, I'll be able to talk about another modification on how to get from the second floor to the third floor.

Until next time... Happy Creating!--Gigi



****************************************



The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi's  Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest. 
(Click photo in left column to go to Day 1 or here - Day 1  - See last entry Day 21.)
 * Don't forget you can put your email in the subscribe to updates box under the Paris photo in left column also to let you know when a new post goes up.