July 23, 2019

#Paris #Miniature Project #20: A Month Later!

Ta-Da! Yes, it's a new Paris Miniature Project Update!!


It has almost been a month since I last provided an update, yikes!  It’s been the summer laziness that has gotten to me. I manage to do the schoolwork that I need to do, then just read or binge watch shows on Netflix. I need to get motivated as I will also soon be a teacher’s aide in the English department at my son's school. I'll be working 20 hours a week so I will have to definitely prioritize my days. But, enough of that and on to what (little) I have accomplished.


I ordered four kits from TheMiniatureGarden on Etsy of the Ivy leaf and red Geranium Paper Flower for the two balconies on the second floor. The photo (above) is from the seller on Etsy showing the finished products available. As you can see, they trail longer than the typical geranium flower. Most likely I will have two kits per flower box. I made the flower boxes below from scratch to fit on the balconies. 




I did finish working with the curtains. From the picture it may seem one is longer than the other, but that's not the case. They are long and will be “puddle” curtains that sitt on the floor. I have attached little golden tassels to each side. These are also on Etsy (highlandminis) along with the expandable curtain rod that I'll use for the third floor windows (which are all painted and glued into place. So, a wee bit more progress!

Next step is to finish the second floor which will be a beautiful deep maroon wall-to-wall carpet, then the second floor can be glued together. I am getting so excited for all three floors to be put together. I really like the inside rooms, but it's the outside I'll have the most fun with!

Thank you all for being so patient with me on this journey. I do hope you're enjoying seeing the pictures. Please do leave a comment and even suggestions. I appreciate hearing from you!



The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi's  Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest. 
(Click photo in left column to go to Day 1 or here - Day 1  - See last entry Day 19.)
 * Don't forget you can put your email in the subscribe to updates box under the Paris photo in left column also to let you know when a new post goes up.

Until next time… Happy Creating!--Gigi