April 22, 2019

#Paris #Miniature Project 9: A Miniature Treat & Inspiration

Today is Day 9 of the Paris Miniature Project!



The planning continues for the Paris Miniature Project which is my friend Gigi Nephew's Serendipity Shed renovation for the HBS 2019 Creatin’ Contest. (Click photo in left column to go to Day one to follow the blog series or here -Day 1  - See last entry Day 8.)

The Town
By Gigi Nephew



As I promised, today’s focus is on my late Mom’s miniature creation. We spent countless hours working on miniature creations, often surprising each other with what each of us did when I came to visit. My mother’s imagination and techniques were incredible. I found out much later it was my Dad who did the electric wiring, so it was truly a family hobby. (Click photos for larger view.)



She started with a farm house, then came the barn (animals on ground floor and a she-cave on the second floor), machine shed, chicken coop, the creek, the train tracks and the blue building, which consists of a grocer on the first floor. It is accessible by the outside stairs to the post office and floor shop. 

 On the top floor is an ice cream and pastry shop complete with roof top eating. She also got a big house to be a bed and breakfast, which unfortunately didn't get completed on the inside. 

There is also a Veteran’s Memorial Park, a carousel, and the train station. Plans were made for another building which was built, but not finished, which is the Christmas store on the ground level, a bar, and the apartment where the crabby bar owner lives. There are countless other sites to see, too.

Someday the entire town will be moved to my house and what a task that will be, but the memories in these creations are priceless.  Every time I go to my Dad’s I go into the basement and lose myself for a while in the town.It feels like I am closer to my Mom.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the mini tour. This weekend Chris and I will be going to the miniature shows!  What a great way to spend time with my “mini” friend, chatting, looking, eating, buying, chatting, planning…

(She forgot buying!! Yes, I'll show some of the treasures we found and some miniatures we saw on display!--Chris)



--Post office and News Stand 

-- (Being a writer and reporter, this is my favorite scene! Gigi's mom's work continues to inspire as I want to make a news stand like this! Love the piles of papers!--Chris)

So, until the next time… Happy Creating!